St. Michaels University School
|School Name:||St. Michaels University School|
|Location:||3400 Richmond Road, Victoria, British Columbia, V8P 4P5 Canada|
|Motto:||Palmam Qui Meruit Ferat (Let whoever has deserved the palm bear it)|
|Year Group:||Kindergarten - Grade 12|
|No. of Students:||928|
|No. of Boarders:||241|
|Average Class:||20 students|
Science Building: Seven science labs, two computer labs; Monkman Athletic Facility: Graves Squash Centre, single gym, double gym, fitness facilities
SSAT results, extracurricular interests, and interview
60 clubs and 15 athletics teams
|Director of Admissions:
3400 Richmond Road, Victoria, British Columbia, V8P 4P5, Canada
+1(250) 592 2411
- SMUS is located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada on the southern tip of Vancouver Island. The Senior and Middle School Campus is located in Saanich, a suburban area in Greater Victoria, and the Junior School Campus is situated in Oak Bay.
- Junior School: library, strings, choir, clubs, computer lab, gymnasium, art studio, French, Japanese, athletics, intramurals, musical or opera
- Middle School: library, strings, band, choir, art, computer lab, outdoor education, exploratory units, jazz band, honour band, athletics, intramurals, leadership, theatre production, Mandarin, Japanese
- Senior School: library, outdoor education, leadership, orchestra, band, vocal jazz, choir, athletics, intramurals, musical theatre, art studio, debate, experiential learning, more than 60 councils and activity clubs
- One hundred percent of graduates attend leading universities within Canada, the US and all over the world. Last year, almost one quarter of students attended university outside of Canada. Universities accepting graduates include Dalhousie, Harvard, McGill, Stanford, the University of St. Andrews and Yale.
Please contact the Admission Office directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
Three residence buildings, each with a boys and girls wing (called a house) and a shared common room. Two students per room, private bath, storage areas, resident house parents, weekend activities, house games.
- Total number of AP exams written in 2012: 650
- Number of students writing at least 1 AP exam: 245
- SMUS AP National Scholars: 25
- Students achieving mark of 3, 4 or 5: SMUS: 81% (World average: 59%)
- Subjects offered: 24 Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language and Culture, English Language, English Literature, European History, Environmental Science, French Language, German Language, Government and Politics, Human Geography, Japanese Language, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics B, Physics C (Electricity & Magnetism), Physics C (Mechanical), Psychology, Spanish Language, Studio Art (Drawing), Studio Art (2D Design)
2012/13 Canadian High School Boarding Fees# (CAD$) Per Year
|7th Grade (12/13 Years Old)||8th Grade (13/14 Years Old)||9th Grade (14/15 Years Old)||10th Grade (15-16 Years Old)||11th Grade (16-17 Years Old)||12th Grade (17-18 Years Old)|
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition and residence fee but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities