|School Name:||Badminton School|
|Location:||Westbury Road,Bristol,BS9 3BA,United Kingdom|
|Motto:||Nurture, Inspire, Empower|
|Boarding Age:||3 -18|
|Year Group:||Nursery - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||448|
|No. of Boarders:||185|
Entrance exams are taken in English, Maths and Non Verbal Reasoning.
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
Westbury Road, Bristol, BS9 3BA, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 117 9055271
- Badminton School is one of the top schools in the country.
- It's consistently highly placed in the national league tables.
- It's currently ranked 26th in the UK by the Daily Telegraph newspaper and have a 100% pass rate at A Level.
- For the past eleven years, Badminton has achieved 100% of our students go on to university.
- At GCSE 85% of grades were A* and A. 7 girls scored A* in all subjects.
- The excellence of results, from year to year, reflects the collaborative working relationship between girls and staff in fulfi lling academic potential, which is a hallmark of Badminton.
- Badminton was delighted with 2012’s A level results; 88.5% of grades were A*, A and B with an average of 466 UCAS points per candidate.
- These excellent results enabled Badminton girls to secure places at top universities in their chosen courses including Architecture, Medicine, Engineering, Languages, Law, Fine Art, Mathematics and Economics.
- 12 months prior to entry
- Entrance exams
- The School is on a secure and attractive campus which has extensive facilities and accommodates all Boarding houses.
- Boarders benefi t from access to wider opportunities for sport, drama, music, academic involvement and social activities in the city and university.
- Weekends begin on Saturday after lunch. On campus, boarders can choose to enjoy activities such as swimming, cooking, rounders, art, sport, pizza evenings, drama, music and craft workshops.
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Classic, Design and Technology, Economics, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Modern languages, Physics, Science school, Music, Theology
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Design Technology, Economics, English, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, Latin, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Music,
Philosophy & Theology, Physics, Russian, Spanish
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities