|School Name:||Fettes College|
|Location:||Carrington Road, Edinburgh EH4 1QX, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|Religion:||Church of England|
|Year Group:||Year 7 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||557|
|No. of Boarders:||401|
Common Entrance Examination (UK)
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
|Director of Admissions:
Carrington Road, Edinburgh EH4 1QX, Scotland, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 131 311 6701, +44 (0) 131 311 6744
- Fettes College follows the English rather than Scottish education system. Pupils take GCSEs rather than Scottish Standard Grades and students now have the choice between the A Levels and the new International Baccalaureate Diploma, but cannot take Scottish exams.
- Fettes is an IB World School, one of only three schools in Scotland to have attained this status.
- Fettes College is a leading co-educational boarding and day school for children aged 7-18. Uniquely situated in extensive grounds and woodland close to the heart of Edinburgh, the school enjoys a reputation for excellent academic results, the highest level of pastoral care and a proud sporting tradition.
- A LEVEL (2012): 16% of all grades were A*, 48% of all grades were A* or A, 76% of all grades were A* A or B.
- OXBRIDGE 2011: 8 students secured places this year, 5 at Oxford and 3 at Cambridge.
- Please contact the Admission Office directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- Fettes Prep as one big family so for a boarder, Fettes Prep becomes their other family home.
- Two houses: Arran for the boys and Iona for the girls. The spaces themselves are high quality dorms (sharing 4 to 6) with other rooms for playing games, reading or simply relaxing.
- The position of Housemaster and Housemistress is taken very seriously, as is the supporting role provided by the house tutors and, of course, matron.
- Staffs have regular communications with every parent to keep them updated and informed and as every boarder here has their own e-mail address.
- Core Subjects at GCSE: Classics, Criticial Thinking, Design & Technology, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, Physical Education, Religion and Theology, Science
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Classics, Criticial Thinking, Design & Technology, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, Physical Education, Religion and Theology, Science
IB Diploma Program
- Fettes College is one of the UK’s pre-eminent coeducational boarding schools with the hopes and aspirations of each of the students of central importance. Fettes provide a broad based education that produces well-rounded, successful people and not simply successful students.
- The happy, purposeful environment of the College encourages the boys and girls to ourish and develop fully the skills and interests that they possess whatever they may be.
- The quality of teaching at Fettes is outstanding and Fettes continues to be the leading academic school in Scotland with excellent results at GCSE, A Level and IB
- Students gain entry to the top Scottish and English universities and up to 15 students a year to Oxford and Cambridge.
- IB (2012) results: 33% scored over 40 points (equivalent to over A*A*A*A* at A Level), 64% scored over 36 points (equivalent to A*A*A A at A Level), the average score was 37.1 points.
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities