|School Name:||Radley College|
|Location:||Abingdon Oxfordshire OX14 2HR United Kingdom|
|Religion:||Church of England|
|Year Group:||Year 9 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||680|
|No. of Boarders:||680|
Achieve a minimum of 60% of Common Entrance
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
The minimum academic standard expected will be 9 GCSE subjects with at least 5 of these subjects at Grade A or A*.
Music, Drama, Visual Art, Sport, Activities.
|Director of Admissions:
Ms Vanessa Hammond
Radley College, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 2HR, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1235 548576
- Radley is small, each boy is known as an individual.
- Being an all boarding school the boys, taking parts in extra curricular activities after school and during weekends, and to forge long lasting and strong friendships.
- An academic common room inspires boys with a love of their subject and encourages excellence.
- A campus, which contains all the teaching blocks, living accommodation and superb facilities within reach of each other, allows for freedom of movement and a sense of security within the grounds.
- Radley's results at both A Level and GCSE have been outstanding.
- At A Level, 92.41% of results were graded A* to B. A record number of boys (76) collected 3 A/A*s or more.
- The GCSE/IGCSE results were similarly impressive, with 90.5% of grades at A*/A. This was a rise of 4.55% compared with the previous year. Many individual performances were quite exceptional, with 19 boys gaining 10 A*s or more.
- Boys from a Prep School are expected to take Common Entrance.
- Boys from abroad to take exams in English, Maths, Science and French. boys have not studied French would accept another language.
- Have their own exams in English, Maths, French
and Science, accept another modern language if no French.
- Boys lives Socials (boarding houses) and looked after by a Tutor Senior boys are given responsibility as Prefects and Mentors.
- For the fi rst year boys live by day in a common room.
- The second year on they are in bedsitters.
- Each Social has public areas and rooms (games room, cocoa room, etc.)
- Boys are encouraged to take part in sports and activities.
Core Subjects at GCSE
- Art, Biology, Chemistry, Classics, Design & Technology, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, Geology, Histroy, Information Technology, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, Physics, Politics.
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Radley, A levels, comprised of 4 AS and 4 A2 courses. variety of possible subject combinations. Some examples: Chem, Biology, Maths, History/
French or English, Latin, Economics, Physics/ Maths or French, Spanish, Biology, Maths/History or Further Maths, Physics, English or English, History, Design, French.
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities