Royal Masonic School for Girls
|School Name:||Royal Masonic School for Girls|
|Location:||Rickmansworth Park, Chorleywood Road, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 4HF, United Kingdom|
|Motto:||Circumornatae ut similitudo templi (That our daughters may be as the polish corners of the temple)|
|Year Group:||Nursery - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||866|
|No. of Boarders:||60|
School’s entrance examinations in Januaryan online test a piece of creative writing and all girls take part in a small group discussion and interview, as well as a chosen subject–based activity.
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
8 GCSEs/IGCSEs at grade C or above. Girls will be required to achieve at least a B grade in the subjects to be studied at A level.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, Girl Guides, Young Enterprise, Orchestra - Sinfonia and Mezzo Sounds,, Speech and Drama, Dancing, Music (individual lessons are also available),
Rickmansworth Park, Chorleywood Road, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 4HF, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1923 773168
- RMS is a stunningly beautiful school with a distinctive ethos where girls experience an education that is rich, balanced and above all, happy.
- OFSTED and ISI inspections in 2011 found the School to be outstanding in all respects; the girls' academic progress was rated as exceptional.
- It is a warm, dynamic and friendly environment where all are nurtured and encouraged to fulfill their potential and achieve their personal best in as many fields as possible.
- Sixth Form achieved an A*/B rate at A Level of 85% and 94% of our leavers gained a place at their university of fi rst choice.
- Please contact the Admission Office directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- RMS boarding community is an authentic international community of young women.
- The core of our boarding is British and we have a balanced mixture of other nationalities.
- RMS is very careful that to ensure no one group of overseas boarders is over-represented to guarantee that all our boarders mix freely and so learn from each other.
- To take nine or ten GCSEs including the compulsory core subjects of English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, a Modern Foreign Language and Double Award or Triple Science.
- To choose three options from Art, Business and Communications, Business Studies, Child Development, Design and Technology, Drama, Food and Nutrition, French, Geography, German, History, Information Technology, Latin, Mandarin, Music, Performing Arts (Dual Award), Physical Education, Religious Studies, Spanish and Textiles
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities