St. Clare's, Oxford
|School Name:||St. Clare's, Oxford|
|Location:||139 Banbury Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire OX2 7AL, United Kingdom|
|Year Group:||Year 6 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||260|
|No. of Boarders:||245|
Common Entrance Examination (UK)
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
|Director of Admissions:
139 Banbury Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire OX2 7AL, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1865 552031
- St Clare's is an international school which offers English language courses, Liberal arts courses, IB teacher training courses and the International Baccalaureate Diploma programme.
- St Clare's is the 41st school in the world to run IB, and the college is the longest-established provider of the International Baccalaureate Diploma in England.
- St. Clare's is situated in Oxford's beautiful conservation area called Summertown, an elegant suburb just 1.5 km north of the city centre.
- The College occupies several converted Victorian buildings along Banbury Road and Bardwell Road forming two distinct sites - the Banbury Road campus for IB students and summer courses, and the Bardwell Road Centre for adult students.
- The College expanded rapidly to encompass a wide range of nationalities and programmes, both at university and pre-university level and in English Language.
- The College had been awarded the highest rating for the quality of its boarding after a recent Ofsted (UK) inspection in November 2009.
- Please contact the Admission Office directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- The College also owns 19 residential houses with the capacity to house up to 325 students.
- Core Subjects at GCSE: Classics, Criticial Thinking, Design & Technology, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, Physical Education, Religion and Theology, Science
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Classics, Criticial Thinking, Design & Technology, Drama, Economics, English, Geography, History, ICT, Mathematics, Modern Languages, Music, Physical Education, Religion and Theology, Science Education, Religion and Theology, Science
IB Diploma Program
- Referring to the International Baccalaureate Diploma programmes, in the most recent Ofsted (UK)inspection, the College was awarded "Outstanding", the highest rating, for the quality of its boarding, something that fewer than 10% of boarding schools achieve in the UK.
- In 2011, a total of 99% passed the IB Diploma. Three students achieved 45 points, the perfect score, achieved by only 0.2% of all students who take the Diploma, world-wide, each year. This is the ninth consecutive year in which students at St. Clare's have achieved 45 points and the mean score in 2011 was 35.89.
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities