St Swithun's School, Winchester
|School Name:||St Swithun's School, Winchester|
|Location:||Alresford Rd, Winchester, SO21 1HA, England, United Kingdom|
|Religion:||Church of England|
|Motto:||Caritas, Humilitas, Sinceritas (Charity, Humility, Sincerity)|
|Year Group:||Nursery - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||440|
|No. of Boarders:||200|
60% at Common Entrance Examination (UK)
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
Six A/A* grades at GCSE or its equivalent
Street dancing, golf, cookery, judo, photography, debating, fencing, art, crosscountry running, textiles, dressmaking and home furnishing, touch rugby, pottery, philosophy, public speaking, exploring nature, technology, gardening, selfprotection and ballroom dancing
|Director of Admissions:
Mrs Kate Cairns
Alresford Road, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 1HA, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1962 835700
- St Swithun's has traditionally had a strong academic reputation. In 2011 GCSEs, it topped the results table for the city of Winchester with a 100% passing rate and all candidates achieving at least 5 A*-C grades, surpassing Winchester College. The same year, it broke its records in the A Levels with 11 girls scoring 3 or more A* grades.
- St Swithun's adopts a different naming system for its years.
- Lower 4 - Year 7
- Upper 4 - Year 8
- Lower 5 - Year 9
- Middle 5 - Year 10
- Upper 5 - Year 11
- Lower Sixth - Year 12
- Upper Sixth - Year 13
- The main points of entry for the senior school are 11+, 13+ and 16+.
- Candidates for academic scholarships are selected based on the results of the Common Entrance examinations (UK) (11+ and 13+) and are invited to attend an interview soon after completion of the examination. Sixth form scholarship candidates (16+) are selected based solely on the results of academic assessments in the subjects that they intend to take at A level.
- St Swithun's school offers boarding facilities for girls of any age who enrol in the senior school.
- Just under half the girls in senior school are boarders and about 70% of them board only on weekdays. Boarders are offered a wide range of co-curricular activities both in after school and weekend programmes and activities.
- The library and swimming pool are open at specific times during the weekend ensuring that boarders enjoy the school facilities to the fullest.
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Classic, Design and Technology, Economics, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Modern languages, Physics, Science school, Music, Theology
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Design Technology, Economics, English, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, Latin, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Music, Philosophy & Theology, Physics, Russian, Spanish
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities