|School Name:||Middlesex School|
|Location:||1400 Lowell Road, Concord, Massachusetts, MA 01742, USA|
|Motto:||Fides, Veritas, Labor|
|Year Group:||Grade 9 - Grade 12 and a post graduate year|
|No. of Students:||375|
|No. of Boarders:||262|
|Average Class:||12 students|
|Average SAT:||690 verbal, 700 math., 690 writing (2012)|
|Director of Admissions:
Douglas C. Price
1400 Lowell Road, Concord, Massachusetts MA 01742, USA
+1 (978) 369 2550
- Middlesex graduates matriculate at a large number of the country's nest colleges and universities; the largest numbers of graduates of the last five years now attend Boston College, Brown, Georgetown, Harvard, and Tufts.
- Music and drama play a central role in the life of the School. Almost one third of the student body sings in one of the choruses; over one third take instrumental lessons and play in musical groups; and the theatrical productions (usually one major drama and one musical each year) are of a quality not usually seen at the high school level.
- Athletics, too, have always been a hallmark of Middlesex. Middlesex fields 29 varsity sports, and has achieved an unusually successful record for a school of its small size. In a recent five-year period, Middlesex teams have won championships in girls’ cross country, boys’ and girls’ lacrosse, eld hockey, football, girls’ crew, girls’ skiing, and girls’ soccer.
- The School is highly selective, with 19 percent of applicants chosen from over 1000 applicants for entry in September 2011.
- In 2011-12 boarding students come from 33 states and 14 countries with 68% of all boarders residing outside of Massachusetts.
2012/13 US High School Boarding Fees# (USD$) Per Year
|7th Grade (12/13 Years Old)||8th Grade (13/14 Years Old)||9th Grade Freshman Year (14/15 Years Old)||10th Grade Sophomore Year (15-16 Years Old)||11th Grade Junior Year (16-17 Years Old)||12th Grade Senior Year (17-18 Years Old)|
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities