|School Name:||Stevenson School|
|Location:||3152 Forest Lake Road, Pebble Beach, California, CA 93953, USA|
|Motto:||Suaviter in Modo Fortiter in Re|
|Year Group:||Pre-Kindergarter - Grade 12|
|No. of Students:||520|
|No. of Boarders:||290|
|Average Class:||14 students|
|Average SAT:||702 reading, 688 math., 702 writing (2011) 1870 (1700-2030)|
SSAT(67%), PSAT, TOEFL
|Director of Admissions:
Mrs. Susan Rymzo
3152 Forest Lake Road, Pebble Beach, California, CA 93953, USA
+1 (831) 625 8309
- Stevenson offers a wide range of courses geared to prepare students for further study at colleges and universities around the world.
- Stevenson has thoughtful students, a gifted faculty and staff, a lively curriculum, an exceptional range of academic, athletic, and artistic choices, a respectful and welcoming community, and a serene, comfortable campus.
- Academics are interesting and challenging, whether the students are taking a freshman environmental science class or AP calculus class.
- The Carmel Campus houses Pre-Kindergarten through 8th Grade day students. The Pebble Beach Campus houses grades 9-12, both boarding and day students.
- The school has a long history of hosting AFS exchange students. Several students each year participate in study abroad programs.
- Stevenson offers an exceptional educational opportunity at a boarding school in the most picturesque part of California.
- Stevenson's educational philosophy may be different from that of any other school: three main responsibilities: to prepare for student's college years, to expand academic knowledge, and to stretch intellectual reach.
- Stevenson students have a long history of attending universities all over the United States. Popular choices include UCLA, USC, and LMU. Nearly 100% of Stevenson graduates continue their education elsewhere.
- Please contact the Admission Offi ce directly by email, by post or visit the School website for latest information.
- The Residential Life Program at Stevenson supports the school’s larger mission to instill within each student the desire and ability to make a positive difference in the world.
- This is accomplished through regular, daily, and intentional contact with faculty and trained adults from within the community and in a student's dorm.
- Residential Life Program assists students in developing: - A set of skills that support and teach effective study habits for successful life-long learning
- Opportunities and ability to contribute responsibly and ethically to the community
- Skills that allows for feelings of self-worth and effectiveness as students deal with daily responsibilities and challenges
- Social skills that allow for positive relationships with peers and adults - Knowledge and skills that encourage positive, safe, and healthy behaviors.
- Over 20 AP program offered.
2012/13 US High School Boarding Fees# (USD$) Per Year
|7th Grade (12/13 Years Old)||8th Grade (13/14 Years Old)||9th Grade Freshman Year (14/15 Years Old)||10th Grade Sophomore Year (15-16 Years Old)||11th Grade Junior Year (16-17 Years Old)||12th Grade Senior Year (17-18 Years Old)|
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities