|School Name:||Wycombe Abbey|
|Location:||High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1PE, United Kingdom|
|Religion:||Church of England|
|Year Group:||Year 6 - Year 13|
|No. of Students:||540|
|No. of Boarders:||528|
|Sixth Form Entry Requirement:
Six A/A* grades at GCSE or its equivalent
Art, Bell Ringing, Combined Cadet Force, Publication, Book Binding,Christian Union, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Design and Technology, Duke of Edinburgh's Award Programme, Expeditions, Fishing, Fitness Training, Instrumental ensembles, Rifle Club, Sub Aqua
|Director of Admissions:
Mrs D Bellenger
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1PE, United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1494 897 008
- Wycombe Abbey is academically one of the top girls' boarding school.
- A girls' boarding school today topped an A-level league table for the fifth year in a row.
- Wycombe Abbey in Buckinghamshire took the first spot again after pupils racked up a string of A* and A grades. Each student gained an average combined A and AS-level UCAS point score of 540. This is equivalent to almost four A* A-level grades each. In total, 85 sixth-formers achieved 284 A* and A grades between them.
- The Good Schools Guide (UK) described the school as "Well-known, well respected, traditional girls' boarding school which suits self-starters and undoubtedly does well by them."
- Candidates in age groups 11+ and 13+ enter the School through the Common Entrance Examination organised by the Independent Schools Examinations Board.
- 11+ candidates take Common Entrance Examinations in January in English, Mathematics and Science .
- 13+ candidates take Common Entrance Examinations in English, Mathematics, Science, French, History, Geography and Religious Studies in either January (candidates from overseas or in UK senior schools) or June (candidates in UK preparatory schools).
- Wycombe Abbey will also request a report directly from the Head of her current school for every candidate.
- Girls at 11+ have their own Junior House.
- 12 - 17 the girls live in one of nine mixed age.
- Senior Houses which accommodate around 45 pupils. These Houses provide a secure framework.
- Each House is run by a Housemistress who is also a member of the teaching staff.
- UVI girls move into Clarence House, a study bedroom complex run on student lines.
- The girls benefi t from specialist support and preparation for the next stage in their lives.
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Classic, Design and Technology, Economics, English, Geography, History, Mathematics, Modern languages, Physics, Science school, Music, Theology
GCE AL Subject Choice
- Art, Art History, Biology, Chemistry, Design Technology, Economics, English, French, Geography, German, Greek, History, Latin, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Music, Philosophy & Theology, Physics, Russian, Spanish
2012/13 Boarding Fees# (GBP£) Per Term (3 Terms Per Year)
Remark: #Inclusive of tuition fees but exclusive of miscellaneous fees, such as uniform, extracurricular activities